Booking Terms and Conditions, Chateau Montjoi
• Accommodation: Accommodation described in the booking form.
• Accommodation provider: The party who actually provides the booked accommodation and further arranges services locally, such as key-holding, cleaning, maintenance, etc., and receives payments payable locally by the tenant under the agreed booking.
• Booking agent: Intermediary that handles the administrative processing involved in the booking for the letter and takes payment; Chateau Montjoi
• Tenant: the person named on the booking form who makes the booking.
• Rent: The total rental amount as mentioned in the booking form.
• Booking: The booking of Chateau Montjoi, as described in the booking form.
• Booking form: The contract between tenant and letter.
• Letter: Chateau Montjoi issues the booking and acts as the representative of the owner.
2. Scope These Booking Terms and Conditions apply to all booking agreements between letter and tenant.
3. Establishment of booking agreement An agreement will be established subject to these Booking Terms and Conditions as soon as the tenant makes a booking via the Internet, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or personally with the letter or at any other booking agent.
4. Changes Changes to the booking agreement and deviations from these general booking conditions will be valid only if agreed in writing between the letter or booking agent and the tenant. Insofar as changes result in higher or lower costs, the resulting change to the rent must be agreed by parties in writing.
5. Payment Bookings can be made via the Internet, in writing, by telephone, by e-mail or personally with a booking agent. The down payment as mentioned on the booking form, must be received by the booking agent within 14 days days after the reservation is made. Not paying on time may result in cancellation of the booking. The remaining balance must be in the booking agent’s possession not later than two months in front of the rental date. If these payment terms are not observed the booking agent is entitled to cancel the booking without having to refund the payments that have already been made. If bookings are made within four weeks before the rental period, the rent and any deposit, must be paid entirely at time of booking. Deposits will be refunded only if the booking cannot be honored due to a cause attributable to the letter or booking agent.
6. Prices Prices are stated per accommodation per month per week or per day. The letter reserves the right to amend the booking price if occasioned by changes to owed levies, exchange rates and taxes. Increases in these costs will be charged to the tenant as a net amount without surcharges. We do not accept responsibility for typographical errors in the price list or web publications. If the increase occurs within three months of receipt of the booking form, the tenant will have the right to dissolve the agreement. Amounts already paid will be refunded to the tenant in such cases.
7. Dissolution The agreement will be dissolved (i.e. The booking will be cancelled) if the tenant fails to satisfy the provisions of clause 5. The deposit will be forfeited to defray incurred costs and damage, including but not confined to loss of profits.
8. Cancellation The tenant may cancel the rental agreement in writing up to 180 days before the start of the rental. If the tenant cancels the booking agent will retain the deposit. The tenant will owe the half rental price to the letter if cancellation occurs within the 180 days preceding the agreed rental.The tenant will owe the full rental price to the letter if cancellation occurs within the 90 days preceding the agreed rental.
9. Insurances The rent excludes insurances. It’s the tenant’s choice and responsibility to buy a travel insurance.
10. Liability of letter Under no circumstances whatsoever will the accommodation provider, booking agent or letter be responsible for any loss or loss of value and/or damage to property of the tenant and his co-occupants caused by incorrect use of the rented property. If the tenant incurs damage due to deficiencies in the rented property, any liability on the part of letter will be limited to the amount of the rent. Damage resulting from non-fulfillment by the letter will be subject to the compensation provided for by law. Letter will not be liable for any other damage.
11. Liability of tenant A tenant who books accommodation for or jointly on behalf of other occupants will be jointly and severally liable for the total rent and for damage caused by acts by him and all others present with him in the rented accommodation. A booking will be valid for the number of persons stated on the booking form. The property may not be occupied by more persons than stated on the booking form. Occupancy by a larger number may result in dissolution of the booking agreement and loss of the deposit. Payments already made will not be refunded in such circumstances and the tenant will owe the entire rent. If the tenant intends to allow more than the permitted number of persons to stay in the rented accommodation, the tenant must, prior to the rental period, submit a written request to this effect to the booking agent. The accommodation provider has the right to refuse such a request or to require an additional surcharge. The tenant must treat the accommodation according to generally accepted standards.
12. Deposit The damage deposit is € 1000,- The deposit is payable on the day of arrival, in cash or by bank transfer. In order to provide the accommodation provide with the opportunity to check the accommodation properly, the deposit will be returned on the last day of your stay. In case of a bank transfer, not later than fourteen days after the end of the rental. In the event of damage and/or loss of the rented property, and/or circumstances for which the tenant is to blame, the total incurred damage will be deducted from the deposit. In all instances where the costs of damage and/or loss of the rented property or the damage suffered by the owner and/or accommodation provider exceed the paid deposit the tenant must immediately pay the excess to the accommodation provider. All instances of breakage, loss and/or damages must be reported immediately to the accommodation provider and paid for.
13. Duration of stay, arrival and departure The arrival time is 17:00 o’clock. On the day of departure you must vacate the accommodation before 10:00 hrs. Failure to do so gives the accommodation provider and letter the right to charge you for damages. You may lose your security deposit as a result. Upon departure the tenant is expected to leave the accommodation in decent condition – that is: generally clean. The items in and around the accommodation should be put back in their original location (as upon arrival). Crockery should be washed and stored in the appropriate place. The accommodation provider is authorized to carry out a final check. If the accommodation provider finds that a number of items have not been returned to their location or if the accommodation has not been left in generally clean condition he is authorized to charge the tenant for extra costs.
14. Documents Before or upon booking your booking agent will provide you with the general information you need about the rented property and local area.
15. Changes and cancellations The tenant has the right to alter or cancel the agreed services in any material respect on account of compelling circumstances. Compelling circumstances mean circumstances of such a nature that the accommodation provider cannot reasonably be held to further fulfillment of the agreement. The accommodation provider may cancel the booking in the event of force major, war, strikes and natural disasters. In such circumstances the booking agent will be under obligation to refund any amounts already paid. The accommodation provider reserves the right to replace the rented property by an equivalent property for reasons of quality assurance.
16. Complaints If you notice a mistake of deficiency at your holiday accommodation, you should report it to the accommodation provider or to the caretakers. This may avoid further inconvenience. If you have serious complaints at the holiday accommodation, you should immediately inform the accommodation provider. This will give the accommodation provider the opportunity to resolve the complaint sooner. If your complaint was not satisfactorily resolved at the holiday destination, you must inform the booking agent in writing of your complaint, providing details, within two weeks of leaving the accommodation, in the absence of which the complaint will no longer be admissible. You will forfeit all rights to a refund if you obtain other accommodation or leave the rented property prematurely without first consulting the booking agent.
17. Cleaning costs The cleaning costs are € 350,-
18. Bed linen and towels Bed linen and towels are included in the rental price.
19. Extra facilities You can request a child’s bed and high chair.
20. Pets Only with the explicit permission of the accommodation provider stated on the booking confirmation. The accommodation provider may require extra mandatory final cleaning costs.
21. Construction work This rental accommodations is a private property that belong to individual owners. Construction work may in exceptional occasions occur nearby. This work may be carried out by home owners or contractors and / or public institutions, with whom we have no relationship whatsoever and over whom we cannot exert any control. Neither the accommodation provider, nor the booking agent, nor letter can be held liable for inconvenience caused by any construction work not commissioned by the accommodation provider.
22. Satellite tv There is satellite tv available
23. Water, electricity and Internet Interruptions to water, electricity supplies and internet connection are possible to occur. For various reasons Local and / or regional authorities and / or companies may, for various reasons and / or failure to decide temporary closure and / or reduce distribution. Neither your accommodation provider nor our organization can be held liable for any inconvenience or damage incurred through such circumstances.
24. Power consumption The normal power consumption is included in the rental price
25. Jurisdiction and law Notwithstanding the legal rules governing the jurisdiction of the civil courts, any dispute arising between supplier and principal or client will be resolved by a court of law with jurisdiction in the country and region where the letter is established. For one month after the letter has invoked this provision in writing, the tenant will have the right to opt for resolution of the dispute by a civil court with jurisdiction at law or under international treaty. The letter will consider the address stated by the tenant to be correct until further notice. Every agreement between landlord and tenant will be subject to the laws of the country and region where the accommodation is established.